I’ve written before about the reasons to quit drinking alcohol, and outlined 5 things that will improve when you quit drinking alcohol. In case that didn’t convince you, here are a bunch more reasons to hammer the point home, and inspire you to decide to quit!
After reading this, you might want to read How to Quit Drinking Alcohol for a nice overview on how to quit. So, with that being said, here are 30 Great Reasons to Quit Drinking Alcohol:
Reasons to Quit Drinking: #1 – #10
1. You will immediately start having more money. It’s a great feeling to see a bunch of cash every time you open your wallet, especially when it’s more than you thought you had! That’s money you WOULD HAVE thrown away on booze, but instead you’ll be able to use it to buy something nice, pay off some debt, or just save for a rainy day.
2. Your brain will begin to heal. Once you quit drinking, that “foggy” feeling in your brain will slowly but surely go away. If you have been heavily drinking for many years, as many of us have, you may have forgotten that wonderful feeling of being able to think clearly and deeply.
3. Your liver will begin to rejuvenate. Your liver will begin to repair itself in as little as two months, and you’ll notice a dramatic improvement in your skin, as well as your vision. Many people report that their mood or outlook on life seems better, as well!
4. You will no longer need to hide the evidence of drinking from your family. Gone are the days when you will need to hide the booze in a drawer or back shelf, or an empty liquor bottle at the bottom of the trash bag. You know that deep down you felt guilty when you were doing that, and now you don’t need to any longer. You’ve nothing to hide because you’re not ashamed!
5. Your spouse or significant other will have a new-found respect for you. Just imagine the approving looks of your spouse as he or she gazes at you, both impressed and joyous that you’ve overcome that alcohol problem. They will admire you for your accomplishment, and you will be rightfully proud!
(Tip: The more reasons you have for doing something, the easier it will be to accomplish!)
6. Your face will begin to clear up, and your complexion will show dramatic improvement. Sometimes we forget how we USED to look when we didn’t drink, and how much our facial features have deteriorated from drinking. Get used to hearing “you look great” from your family and friends!
7. All the little aches and pains throughout your body will slowly but surely go away. Alcohol magnified those little aches because it was constantly robbing your body of the necessary nutrients by preventing vitamin absorption. Without alcohol in the way those aches and pains will soon be a thing of the past!
8. You will never again have to face a hangover. The joy of waking up sober is one you will never tire of. No headaches, nausea or general sickness, but a renewed energy and zest for life. This is definitely one of the better reasons to quit drinking alcohol!
9. You will start feeling remarkably better within just a couple of days. You will have a renewed energy and vitality, and you pleasantly surprised at how good that feels. Your body and mind will both feel like they’ve been given a second chance, and they have!
10. You will stop hating yourself for wasting money. Say goodbye to that “sick feeling” over how much money you wasted on booze. The best part, besides being happy with your self-control, is that can spend that new-found money on something else MORE valuable, or even save it for that special item you’ve always wanted to have in your life!
(article continues below)