What would you say if I told you there was a common, everyday item in your home that can help you cut back drinking? Or, at the very least, that it could help you drastically cut back on your alcohol intake?
Furthermore, that you ALREADY use this item several times a day, but have yet to put it to its best use?
Well, believe it. There really IS something around your house that you can use to combat alcoholism. And you can start using it TODAY. In fact, it’s so common it’s in EVERYONE’S homes, because we can’t live without it. You may even have it right in front of you at this very moment!
Can you guess what it is? Here’s one last hint: it’s usually found in the kitchen … or more specifically, in the refrigerator. It also smells and tastes fantastic! Yes, that’s right. This common household item that can work miracles to curtail your drinking is food. And food can help you back drinking!
Don’t Believe Me? Try It Yourself
If you have a hard time accepting that food can be your greatest weapon against alcohol abuse, I challenge you to try it for yourself. You’ll soon be amazed at how well food can help you resist alcohol cravings.
Here’s What to Do:
- Figure out WHAT TIME you normally start drinking. For most people this might be just after work, although for others it starts much earlier in the day. Let’s say, for example, that this time is 5:00pm.
- You should then eat a FULL MEAL approximately 30 minutes before the time you normally start drinking. In this example you’re going to start eating at about 4:30pm.
- Keep in mind that you’re NOT trying to avoid alcohol at this point – you’re simply making sure that you completely fill your stomach with food FIRST. If it makes you feel better, you can even tell yourself that you will start drinking as soon as you’ve finished eating.
- It’s important that you eat a FULL MEAL. I’m not taking about simply nibbling on a sandwich or having a candy bar. I’m talking about eating until you feel stuffed. You know how you feel after a big Thanksgiving meal? Go for THAT feeling.
- Once you are FINISHED with your meal (and remember, this was a MEAL, not a SNACK), take note of how you feel. Notice that your stomach being filled with food is sending warm, contented feelings throughout your body and mind.
- In this example it’s now 5pm, and the time that you would normally start drinking. Allow yourself to drink IF you want to. Just notice what feels different this time. Notice that having your stomach filled with food is LESSENING the urge to drink the night away.
Food Can Help You Resist Drinking
This little method to reduce or eliminate your desire to drink alcohol is, what I term, The Eating Trick. I call it this because you are, in essence, tricking yourself into eliminating (or greatly reducing) the desire for alcohol. You do this by deliberately creating different feelings by filling your stomach with food AT THE PROPER TIME OF THE DAY – which is slightly BEFORE your normal drinking time.
By deliberately filling your stomach with food before drinking you INTERRUPT your normal pattern. You no longer feel a strong need to consume drink after drink because the FOOD in your body is giving you DIFFERENT urges.
Please just try this for a few days. I can guarantee you that when you fill your stomach up with food just before drinking you will end up drinking a lot LESS, if at all. Just try it … you’ll be glad you did! ♦