Instead, focus your mind on what you WANT to have in your life. Such as energy, health, happiness, money, spending time with your family, etc. Whatever those reasons might be, find a way to focus on the positive things that you WANT to have in your life.
How to Attract Sobriety
- Make a list of all the bad things about your abuse of alcohol.
- Make a list about all the good things about your being sober.
- Look at the list of bad things, and acknowledge that you do not want them in your life.
- Now throw the “bad things” list away. You no longer need this.
- Look at the list of good things, and verify that these are the things you DO want in your life.
- Now FOCUS on the good things, study them, and commit them to memory.
- Every day take 5 minutes to meditate and focus your mind on the good things you want in your life.
The Bottom Line
To use the Law of Attraction to help you overcome alcohol abuse it is essential that you constantly focus on how you want to be healthier, and on all the good things you want to come into your life. When you do this you are actually creating the circumstances to bring the very things you desire into your life.
When you constantly focus your time, energy and enthusiasm on what you want, the things you DON’T want will become smaller and smaller – until they no longer have a part of your life. The things that you DO want will simply overwhelm and conquer the things you don’t want. Remember, focus on what you want to have, not on what you want to avoid.
The approach described above is a little bit different from the other approaches in the articles on this site. But, you may find it very useful for exactly that reason. And that’s the most important thing. Try to find something that works for YOU, and helps YOU overcome your addiction to alcohol. For once you do that, I guarantee that you will be healthier and happier than you have been in a long, long time. ♦